Saturday, November 05, 2011

New scheduling algorithm on the station today

I've recently purchased some new scheduling software for the station, and I've used it to schedule today's playlist. Here's what you'll notice:

-Longer overall playlist: Instead of looping every eight hours or so, the playlist now covers the entire day.
-More plays of the latest tracks: Going off of the statement above, I'm now better able to let some songs play more often than others. I'm still working out the exact ratios, but you should be hearing these songs more often than before.
-More variety in archival tracks (music from previous generations): Instead of having the same four tracks from archival albums for an entire week, you'll be able to hear a wider variety of selections each day.

And don't worry-despite these changes, I'm still planning on running our specialty programming blocks (Instrumental, Remix, and Top 25).

Please let me know what you think of the new scheduling method. You can contact me via the usual PokePress e-mail address or via the shout-out box on the station page.

No comments: